Meet Xavier. Friendly, sharp and detail oriented, he has all the ingredients necessary to be our Quality Technician and a much-valued member of our team. He’s also an avid home-chef.
Keep reading to get to know more about Xavier, and discover his favourite recipe!
Hi Xavier! What do you do at Medmont, and how long have you been here?
I have been with Medmont for just over 2 years now.
In my role as a Quality Technician, I collaborate with the supply chain, quality, and production departments, to ensure the materials and components we source from our vendors conform to our stringent quality requirements.
How did you come to work here, and how has your role progressed over time?
Whilst in between jobs, I overheard from someone working here at Medmont of a possible opening in the Quality department.
I started off as an Incoming Goods Inspector, moving on to a short stint as an Inventory Controller role and then securing the permanent role as a Quality Technician which was created to support the supply chain, quality and production departments.
What’s your proudest achievement at Medmont?
I enjoy working for Medmont and making a difference.
One thing I’m especially proud of is holding our suppliers accountable for delivering substandard parts by either asking for credit or sending it back to them for rework.
What do you like most about Medmont’s work culture?
Diversity, friendliness, professional stimulation, and good coffee.
What motivates you at work?
The passion and commitment that the employees at Medmont share.
What’s a fact about you that nobody would guess?
I can communicate in four languages, I love watching sports and also spending time in nature.
What do you enjoy doing when you’re not working?
Watching world affairs, gardening, spending time with family and cooking some new dishes.
Xavier generously shares his favourite recipe below! Have a go!
Spicy Chicken Tikka Skewers
Makes approximately 40 skewers.
- 2kgs chicken thigh fillet (boneless) – chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4 capsicums (mixture of red, green and yellow)
Marinade for Chicken
- 50ml lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons sunflower/canola/vegetable oil
Dressing for Capsicum
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken with the lemon juice, salt and ginger and garlic paste. Cover and place in the fridge for half an hour.
- Mix the chicken with the remaining marinade ingredients. Allow the chicken to marinate for 2-3 hours in the fridge (ideally overnight for best flavour).
- Preheat the BBQ to 200 degrees Celsius and barbeque the chicken in batches until fully cooked. Allow chicken to rest in an aluminium foil container.
- Chop the capsicum, and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, and barbeque separately for 5 mins.
- Skewer the chicken pieces and capsicum* and serve.
Would you like to join our team? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!